This month on aBlogtoWatch, you can enter for a chance to win a very strong entrant from an independent watch brand that is based in Melbourne, Australia. This is the Melbourne Watch Company Portsea Automatic, and it is meant to be a modern interpretation of a classic marine-themed instrument watch. Today, such designs take on a decidedly dressy appeal, even though at heart they are utilitarian designs. aBlogtoWatch offered a review of the Melbourne Watch Company Portsea timepiece here.
At 40mm wide, the version you can win is the rose gold-toned steel case model with a blue leather strap. The dial is given added depth by the use of a white ceramic ring that has the hour markers as well as calendar data printed on it. Melbourne Watch Company really wants to focus on the marine/boat theme without making the watch too kitschy, something that they have arguably succeeded at doing. Inside the watch is a Japanese Miyota caliber 9120 automatic movement that offers the time and triple calendar complication, with a date window and subdials for the day of the week and the month. Retail price for the Melbourne Watch Company Portsea Automatic is $675.42 USD, and one lucky person will win one by entering below this month on aBlogtoWatch.
To Enter You Must:
1. Comment on this post below (on aBlogtoWatch.com, not Facebook, or elsewhere you might see this article) before the giveaway is over with your valid e-mail address where required (if you’ve signed up for the commenting system before, your e-mail should already be in there). In the body of your comment, mention a nautical or boat-related theme you would like to see inspire a watch and what complications or features would be appropriate for such a watch.
2. Be a pal. If possible, “like” or follow all or any of the following:
- Like aBlogtoWatch on Facebook
- “Circle” aBlogtoWatch on Google+
- Like Melbourne Watch Company on Facebook
Want aBlogtoWatch articles automatically sent to you via e-mail? Sign up here:
3. Wait until the giveaway is over on August 31, 2016, for the winner to be chosen at random. A couple of basic rules. You can only enter once. You must comment with a valid e-mail address where you can be reached. Your comment must be confirmed and approved. You must complete the objectives to be considered. You are responsible for providing your contact shipping information if you are chosen. Shipping restrictions to non-US entrants may apply based on sponsor’s policies. Giveaway watch selection based on sponsor’s inventory and watch availability. All comments made after the end of the giveaway period will not be considered. If you are chosen as a winner, you then have 24 hours to ensure receipt of your full shipping information or an alternative winner will be chosen. For the full terms and conditions, please click here.
Good luck, and thanks to Melbourne Watch Company, the sponsor of the Portsea Automatic watch giveaway here at aBlogtoWatch!