WATCH GIVEAWAY: Minus-8 Layer Automatic
This month on aBlogtoWatch, you can enter for a chance to win a timepiece by the new San Francisco, California-based watch company Minus-8 (referring, of course, to GMT-8 as the time zone of San Francisco). The watch is called the Layer, and it combines a hip modern design with a Japanese automatic mechanical movement. Further, the Minus-8 Layer watch has an NFC-enabled silicon strap which includes a “near field communication” chip that allows the watch to interact with smartphones and other devices.
There are a range of things that NFC in a watch can be used for. One good example, is allowing the watch to “unlock” a phone when it is in near proximity to it. There are currently four available versions of the Minus-8 Layer watch. Each comes in a steel case colored different with PVD coating applications. The case is 45mm wide, with a sapphire crystal, and 100 meters of water resistance.
Inside the Layer watch is a Japanese automatic mechanical movement which is visible through a transparent caseback window. Namely, the movement is the Seiko caliber NH35A automatic, which offers the time and date. The four color versions of the Minus-8 Layer include the Layer Black-Silver, Black-Red, Black-Gold, and Gray. Each has attractive traditional proportions with an undeniably modern design unique to the brand. Retail price for the Minus-8 Layer watch is $448 and you have a chance to win one this month on aBlogtoWatch by entering below. minus8watch.com
To Enter You Must:
1. Comment on this post below (on aBlogtoWatch.com, not Facebook, or elsewhere you might see this article) before the giveaway is over with your valid e-mail address where required (if you’ve signed up for the commenting system before, your e-mail should already be in there). In the body of your comment, mention why you like this watch and some other modern watch designs you enjoy.
NOTE: By default, our commenting system will send you notifications of other comments to this post. If you do not want to get the comments on this post in your email, log into your LiveFyre account (there should be a link in the comment box after you enter), and manage your notifications there.
2. Be a pal. If possible, follow all or any of the following:
- Like aBlogtoWatch on Facebook or
- “Circle” aBlogtoWatch on Google+
- Like Minus-8 watches on Facebook
Want aBlogtoWatch articles automatically sent to you via e-mail? Sign up here:
3. Wait until the giveaway is over on October 31, 2014 for the winner to be chosen at random. A couple of basic rules: You can only enter once. You must comment with a valid e-mail address where you can be reached. Your comment must be confirmed and approved. You must complete the objectives to be considered. You are responsible for providing your contact shipping information if you are chosen. Shipping restrictions to non-US entrants may apply based on sponsor’s policies. Giveaway watch selection based on sponsor’s inventory and watch availability. All comments made after the end of the giveaway period will not be considered. If you are chosen as a winner, you then have 24 hours to ensure receipt of your full shipping information or an alternative winner will be chosen. For the full terms and conditions, please click here.
Good luck, and thanks to Minus-8, the sponsor of the Layer watch giveaway here at aBlogtoWatch!